October 31st is a good day to tell tales of the dead. For this episode, I recorded Pete Witham & The Cozmik Zombies doing their song “Dancing With The Dead.” Thanks to Jon Wyman and the guys at The Halo for the recording space. Pete Witham wrote the song, sang it, and played lead guitar. Drew Wyman played upright bass. Steve Dunphy played acoustic guitar and sang backing vocals.
Spoken word contributions came from several of my favorite Gods & Radicals writers. In order of appearance, they are:
- “Clear The Way” by C.S. Thompson
- “Prayer for Nos Galan Gaeaf” by Lorna Smithers
- “Rattling At The Gates” by Sean Donahue
- “What They Do Not Tell You” by Rhyd Wildermuth
- Â “Mirror“ by Yvonne Aburrow
- “I Have Seen Death, and She Plays Harmonica” by Dr. Bones
- “That’s What Old Houses Are Like Sometimes” by Alley Valkyrie
- “Things We Owe The Ghosts” by C.S. Thompson
The background sound on this podcast is a result of an accident with a campfire, a time machine, and a cave. It’s a long story.
Artwork in the image above is “Hornblower” by Danial Ryan. Used with permission.
What is remembered, lives. Hail the Dead!
Audio recording produced by James Lindenschmidt. Â©2016 Crafted Recordings. Some Rights Reserved (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).